When thinking about healthy super foods, there are some items like green tea or brown rice which are on every nutrition expert’s list. But then there are the hidden gems which are often missed out on. We’re going to talk about one such underrated hero of the health-world today.
Greek yoghurt is like any other yoghurt, except that it has probiotic cultures, it is lower in lactose, and has twice the protein content of regular yoghurt. Now you might ask what are the health benefits of Greek yogurt? It’s because Greek yoghurt goes through an extra step of processing, where the excess water, lactose, and minerals are drained out. What’s left is a rich, creamy yoghurt with less sugar. But wait, the best is yet to come.
At Nature’s Basket, we turn healthy into tasty with our exciting L’Exclusif range of flavoured Greek yoghurts. Also check out our healthy Greek yogurt recipes below –
1. L’Exclusif Greek Yogurt - Alphonso Mango Flavour
Get your fix of summer delights any time of the year with this Alphonso Mango flavoured Greek yoghurt. Our favourite way to enjoy this particular yummy flavour is a glass of cold mango smoothie in the morning. Start your day early with this easy and healthy Greek yogurt recipe and you’ll be set for whatever comes your way throughout the day.
• 1 cup L’Exclusif Alphonso Mango Greek Yoghurt
• 1 banana
• Ice cubes (as required)
1. Add all the ingredients in a blender and process until the smooth.
2. Have a fresh and healthy start to the day!
2. L’Exclusif Greek Yogurt - Kiwi Flavour
What’s better than having a bowl full of healthy Greek yoghurt? Having a Kiwi flavoured Greek yoghurt of course! Kiwi itself is considered a superfood by health experts, thanks to its nutritionally dense nature. It’s packed with minerals and vitamins that help with weight loss, digestion and asthma, and when combined with the rich Greek yoghurt, you truly get a wholesome nutritious deal.
Have a Kiwi-Pineapple Greek Yoghurt parfait any time of the day. This Greek yogurt recipe is sure to get you the much-needed freshness and strength back into your system.
• 2 cups L’Exclusif Kiwi Greek Yoghurt
• 1 cup granola
• 1 cup pineapples
1. Take a mason jar and alternate layers of the L’Exclusif Kiwi Greek Yoghurt, granola and chopped pineapples.
2. Freeze it overnight and enjoy a quick pick-me-up any time of the day or have it as a go-to breakfast.
3. L’Exclusif Greek Yogurt - Peach & Apricot Flavour
In this Greek yoghurt flavour, L’Exclusif beautifully combines the sweet and tart flavours of peaches and apricots to give a well-balanced tangy taste. This summertime fruity flavour is perfect for your dessert recipes or even as a stand-alone yoghurt bowl to binge on. You can even turn this yoghurt into frozen treats. Who knew popsicles could be so healthy? Check out this easy Peach and Apricot Greek Yoghurt popsicle recipe to treat yourself on a sunny day –
• 1 cup L’Exclusif Peach and Apricot Greek Yoghurt
• ¾ cup low-fat milk
• 1 cup peaches
1. Place the L’Exclusif Peach and Apricot Greek Yoghurt and the low-fat milk into a blender and blend until smoothly combined. Mix the chopped peaches and apricots into the blended mixture and pour it into 6 popsicle molds.
2. Lower the popsicle sticks into the mold and place it in the freezer for 4-6 hours (until completely frozen). Once frozen, enjoy them whenever you want by placing the molds under warm water for a few seconds and removing the sticks carefully.
4. L’Exclusif Greek Yogurt - Blueberry Flavour
Once again, we have a power-packed yoghurt selection for you. The flavourful blueberries with their special antioxidants combined with the health benefits of Greek yoghurt is all you need to keep yourself fit and fine this new year. While we know that the temptation to finish this Greek yoghurt all on its own is too strong, you can even turn your everyday pancakes into a super-healthy and mouth-watering breakfast dish with the L’Exclusif Blueberry Greek Yoghurt. Here’s a simple recipe –
• 1 cup L’Exclusif Blueberry Greek Yoghurt
• 1 large Healthy Alternatives – Free Organic Egg
• ½ cup Healthy Alternatives – Quinoa Flour
• 1 tsp. baking soda
•½ cup fresh blueberries
1. Mix the L’Exclusif Blueberry Greek Yoghurt and egg in a medium bowl until blended and smooth. Add the Healthy Alternatives – Quinoa Flour and baking soda and stir until the dry ingredients are mixed in. The batter will be thick.
2. Preheat a griddle or large pan to medium heat. Spread a scoop of pancake batter and dot blueberries or bananas on top of each pancake. Cook for about 3 minutes or until golden brown, then flip and cook the other side for about 2 minutes, until it is golden brown too. Repeat the same with the remaining batter. Serve with additional fruit and/or syrup.
5. L’Exclusif Greek Yogurt - Strawberry Flavour
Everyone’s favourite winter fruit is here to steal the show with this healthy Strawberry flavoured Greek yoghurt. This very berry yoghurt can be the perfect healthy substitute for your strawberry desserts. No more feeling guilty for having that one extra piece of strawberry cake. We’ve got something even better for you in store with this easy Greek yogurt recipe. It tastes just like your favourite cheesecake, and it’s healthy! Best of both worlds, right?
• 1 cup L’Exclusif Strawberry Greek Yoghurt
• ¾ cup low-fat cream cheese
• 4 tbsp. powdered sugar
• ½ tsp. vanilla extract
• 1 cup fresh strawberries
1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and L’Exclusif Strawberry Greek Yoghurt with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Slowly beat in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
2. Pour the smooth cheesecake cream into a serving bowl and top it with fresh chopped strawberries. Refrigerate it until ready to serve. You can enjoy this healthy cheesecake dip with some graham crackers, pretzels, vanilla wafers, or whatever sides you desire.
So, are you ready to bask into this big non-fat Greek celebration? In 2018 we say, a cup of Greek yoghurt a day, keeps the doctors away! Get your favourite L’Exclusif
Selection of Greek yoghurt at the Nature’s Basket
store and start the year healthy!
Want to know more about all the superfoods you should have in your diet? Check out this article about these must-have Super Foods.